Karnataka election commission
Queries being addressed include voters’ ID cards, mistakes in names, address or age and the constituencies the callers belong to and their polling booths post-delimitation.
“With areas being re-configured after delimitation, a recurring question that voters are asking is about the status of their constituency and where their vote falls,” said Chinnappa.
After delimitation, the new Bangalore Central constituency was created and Kanakapura constituency has become Bangalore Rural.
Voters appreciated the utility of the help-line, saying it had helped them a lot.
“The centre helped me clear my doubts regarding the re-figuring of my constituency and our status after the delimitation,” said Senthil R., a resident of Gandhinagar, which has now been incorporated into Bangalore Central from Bangalore North.
Moreover, Karnataka State Human Rights Council (KSHRC) in association with the Karnataka election authorities and the Karnataka police April 15 launched a 24X7 helpline where voters can report any illegal practices by dialling 080-32989007.
S.K. Vivekananda, KSHRC state president said: “Any illegal and unconstitutional practices observed by our team will be immediately brought to the notice of returning officers of the respective areas.”
“The public if they come across any sort of illegal practices can inform us and we would immediately take the issue to the Election Commission,” he added. This facility will function till April 24.
- Election Commission of Rajasthan: Jaipur Municipal Corporation Election Results 2009
- eci.nic.in/observer : www.observers.eci.gov.in : Election Commission of India Portal for Observers
- CEO Tamilnadu, ceotamilnadu, election commission of tamilnadu
- ceo karnataka : voter list karnataka, bangalore : ceokarnataka kar nic in
- karnataka sslc blue print 2009 download, karnataka, ksseb